This is awesome

Share your thoughts and feedback on Nitronic Rush. Remember to be constructive.

This is awesome

Postby zidine100 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am

I just thought id pop in and say that this is awesome.

that is all...

okay okay fine, first things first, story mode was way too short but it wasn't really challenging enough to be the main game mode in my opinion (im not trying to sound big headed here although it may look like it), ill admit the last level game me a bit of hassle due to me hating flying. Hardcore mode on the other hand was a barrel of fun still somewhat short but really really fun. On a side note encoraging people to press a to boost will cause problems, you cant really use the other thumb stick while pressing a, it may be ok for the story levels but otherwise it hurts.

Anyway, thats enougth nitpicking on my part, the game is awesome that is all i really need to say.
Last edited by zidine100 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zidine100

Re: This is awesome

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm

You should try the community levels. Apart from the two Crystals, there are three more in the Share forum. If you want it even more hardcore, go.
Delacroix wrote:Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.
Mr. Mister

Postby Eurynome Bartleby » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 am

It is indeed awesome. I created a forum account just so I could let my hands rest from the 4 first hardcore levels. Anyway, been playing for 3 hours straight. It's excellent. All the fun of N64 and arcade era racing PLUS mind-blowing visuals and music fit for the year 2012.

At first I was like 'Huh, wazzat? New racing game?' It's probably a f2p copycat again. (I've become pretty unimpressed by gaming in general this last decade.)
But wait...it looks kind of like Rush 2049, and I would marry that game. Let's try it.

OMG. Nope, not just like Rush. Because the controls are actually decent this time, hah.

GG, Team Nitronic, GG.
Eurynome Bartleby

Postby Haligen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Yeah it's a curious situation you bring up with the control scheme and what we are teaching to the player. On one hand, we have the what I like to call "Mario Kart Syndrome" where people automatically press 'A' for gas instead of the right-trigger. And on the other, Nitronic is stuck in this weird position where it has mechanics that few racing games have, but some of its mechanics are known to be attached to certain buttons, such as boost(which is a more common mechanic), which is usually the 'A' button or it is at least one of the four buttons on the controller.

Now someone has thrown out the idea of having boost attached to the right-bumper instead of the left-bumper which I think might be a good idea, but inevitably it would have been best if we had customizable controls which is not an easy thing to do with the current state of the game.

Most people are not aware of the "advanced" control scheme either which switches the car rotations over to a state change. When I say state change I mean holding a button down to change the state of another input on the controller. In our case, with the "advanced" control scheme, holding the left-bumper down allows the player to rotate the car with the left-joystick instead of the right one. This goes for tight steering as well. So basically, you are fairly safe with just holding the left-bumper down the entire time and being able to tight turn and do tricks without ever touching the right-joystick.

It's something we have thought about and have known for quite awhile that rotating the car with the right joystick and using the face buttons would never work in the hardcore levels or beyond them. I still find it difficult to try and get through the hardcore levels with the "base" control scheme even while using the bumpers as jump and boost.

Those are my thoughts on this subject. Also, if you wanted to, I think it's possible to remap the controller to an extent if you had issues with other parts of the control scheme( I know you were talking more about what we were teaching the player in-game, but I just thought I should add this : )

Thanks for the feedback!
Haligen

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm

...and I am proud of dominating the keyboard controls!
Delacroix wrote:Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.
Mr. Mister

Postby risupufi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:01 am

It's something we have thought about and have known for quite awhile that rotating the car dentist near me that accept medicare with the right joystick and using the face buttons would never work in the hardcore levels or beyond them.
risupufi

Leaderboard Initials: Nul

Postby risupufi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:04 am

On a side note encoraging people to press a to https://chinesebuffetnearmenow.net/chinese-takeout-near-me-foods/ boost will cause problems, you cant really use the other thumb stick while pressing a, it may be ok for the story levels but otherwise it hurts.
risupufi

Leaderboard Initials: Nul

Return to Feedback