Dynamic Music Suggestions

Share your thoughts and feedback on Nitronic Rush. Remember to be constructive.

Dynamic Music Suggestions

Postby Monty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

I've been listening to the official soundtrack and this gave me a few ideas on ways to make the music more varied instead of "same 4 bars of music repeating forever unless you fly". So here are my suggestions to make the game feel like your actions affect the music.

1: Run the music through a highpass when the player grabs more air than usual
One way I can see this one working is if the player grabs a brief jump, the music will enter a highpass slowly (and it might not even be noticeable), but if the player takes a huge jump, the music will slowly highpass for a few seconds before tapering off quickly into a complete highpass. If it quickly slams back to normal when the player hits the ground (on perfect landings), it makes the jump feel more like you actually got a good jump in. If you land on the roof though, it should probably fade slowly back to normal so you know from the music if your jump was crap.

2: Have the music wind down into a bridge when the player is on uneventful straights

3: Special variations in music based on distance from obstacles
Perhaps there could be chaotic sounding music beats as you drive closer to lasers, or maybe eerie humming as you drive past the blocks that appear in the road. Maybe urgent instrumentals when you arrive on level segments with the red plumbbobs hitting the ground.

4: Dynamic music sweeps and music variation based on distances from track segments/checkpoints
As you drive closer to a checkpoint, upsweeps and downsweeps could vary as you come up to it and drive away. Some segments of the track (such as purple areas in a blue level, or glass roads and wallriding segments) can have entirely different "verses" when you reach a certain point as you're coming up to them.

5: Entire level remixes based on vehicles
Monty

Re: Dynamic Music Suggestions

Postby Haligen » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am

Sounds like some interesting things to look into for later Nitronic updates or if a second Nitronic Rush is ever made : )
Haligen

Postby The_Quiggles » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:00 am

These would be something I'd be willing to do if I was working full time on a potential sequel, or just full time on the game in general... but as it stands I'm far too busy with 4 game projects I'm currently working on, and aside from the highpass idea that is a ton of work to do to add on to an already fairly large sountrack (large in the scale of a student game anyway). If I actually had the time I'd be willing to do it if Jordan were up to the task as well.
The_Quiggles

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am

This reminds me of good'ol SSX.
Delacroix wrote:Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.
Mr. Mister

Postby addseo1118 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Maybe urgent instrumentals when you arrive on level segments with the red plumbbobs hitting the ground.
ทางเข้าจีคลับ
addseo1118

Leaderboard Initials: NNA

Postby Kevinosbern » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:43 am

The music ideas you shared above sounds worthy. I would be very happy to follow your suggestions if it can bring a better music. Music should set free, then only we will get the best music from the singers. That's what sell miles believe.
Kevinosbern

Leaderboard Initials: RZN

Postby Jake Olsen » Sun May 29, 2016 8:02 am

It is sure you will be able to make some really nice improvements in the field of music that will be seen as a good. It is through such ways by which you will tend to make something of great proportions in the long run.

[redrocker] top medical billing companies india
Jake Olsen

Postby sandy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:51 am

I am so interested in music. So this blog is very helpful for me to understand more about music. Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Now I got correct idea about the variations in music based on the obstacles. Keep sharing more blogs.
snore aids

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:51 am.
sandy

Return to Feedback