Colours

Share your thoughts and feedback on Nitronic Rush. Remember to be constructive.

Colours

Postby Monty » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 am

If this game is based partially on Tron, why not follow it's example?

Replace the dark blue with cyan and replace the red with gold. The hardcore levels shouldn't change, though, I reckon those should look more disco, with all the gold and mint green. Also, instead of hexagon and polygon shapes everywhere, why not make them more square to fit the circuit theme? I noticed that the track keeps a more erratic polygon appearance, especially the blockers on the track, those pop up in rough polygon shapes instead of squares or triangles, and have poorly fitting cracks on them that don't follow the straight lines everywhere else. Also, some reflection and gloss on everything would be awesome. Basically, the corruption, in my opinion should look like a version of a normal Nitronic City with some eerie gold overtones. Maybe keep the red strictly for the inside of the Core.

Just some thoughts there.
Monty

Re: Colours

Postby Haligen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Replace the dark blue with cyan and replace the red with gold. The hardcore levels shouldn't change, though, I reckon those should look more disco, with all the gold and mint green. Also, instead of hexagon and polygon shapes everywhere, why not make them more square to fit the circuit theme?

It's possibly not all that noticeable(more than likely not) but with the storymode we decided to have each level be a color that is closer to red. So the first level is blue, the second level is purple, the third level is pink, etc.

We were inspired by Tron, but that doesn't neccessarily mean we have to match their style exactly. In fact it would pull from Nitronic's uniqueness in my opinion.

those pop up in rough polygon shapes instead of squares or triangles, and have poorly fitting cracks on them that don't follow the straight lines everywhere else.

The pop-up blockers are a different color and look like that specifically so the player see's it and can react to it. Granted what you have mentioned may work but it would require artists to make it and we don't have any right now : (

Basically, the corruption, in my opinion should look like a version of a normal Nitronic City with some eerie gold overtones. Maybe keep the red strictly for the inside of the Core.

I would agree that the hardcore gold level is eerie and it's color scheme may work well for the core approach level.

The things you have mentioned are interesting and may one day get into Nitronic Rush through new levels or game modes. Keep giving us ideas for later updates for the game!
Haligen

Postby lourencohen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Now there is someone else who thinks this looks more like Tron. Well at least one of them agrees with me. I think it is all about the color tone as you said. Maybe changing all the color patterns will make it all the more better.

------------------------------------
LOUREN COHEN
online computer tech support
------------------------------------
lourencohen

Postby Urassaya1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 am

There is a movie theater, or post it.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 am.
Urassaya1

Return to Feedback