thoughts on college admission

Discuss off-topic subjects with your Nitronic Rush community.

thoughts on college admission

Postby sca1een » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:21 am

Hello. just recently checked an article by WahingotonPost titled An Ivy League professor on why colleges don’t hire more faculty of color: ‘We don’t want them’ when was searching some info in order to write my thesis. This is indeed an interesting topic and this is what I think: When it's admissions to our top universities and colleges, holistic admissions review -- taking into consideration many factors in an opaque fashion (instead of transparent reliance on measurable factors -- i.e., high test scores and high grades) -- is the order of the day to provide opportunities (i.e., fill the "pipeline") to all. It's been this way for nearly 50 years. Why complain now that the "pipeline" does not have sufficient "quality" candidates? After all, academia has fought to preserve this system and foisted it upon all of us. In the alternative, perhaps academia should take its own medicine and hire faculty "holistically" -- departing from traditional notions of "quality". Isn't it amazing how "quality" becomes the focus when academia is admitting members to its own tenure track ranks. You can't have it both ways, academia.
sca1een

Re: thoughts on college admission

Postby aof » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm

I came to this site for the first time and asked for advice.

โปรโมชั่น
aof

Leaderboard Initials: hsu

Postby davidanderson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Admission essays are the most difficult types of college papers. Those who want to enter a college or university should pay great attention to this piece of paper.
Additionally, I recommend using admission writing services for editing your letter. One of them is PaperHelp.org, check my review here.
davidanderson

Postby rickys » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:06 am

9 Campuses | 45,000+ Alumni | 8,500+ Students
Excellent Placements & strong relationships with more than 4000 companies all over India.
Over 350 recruiters across 11 sectors | 95% on campus placements across campuses You can also, check itubeproapkzfor more information.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:06 am.
rickys

Return to Off Topic