DigiPen IP Policy (split from: Frequently Asked Questions) 2

Talk about anything and everything related to Nitronic Rush.

DigiPen IP Policy (split from: Frequently Asked Questions) 2

Postby Jojo212 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Why isn't this on XBox Live?? You guys could probably pay for your own tuition! Especially if you continued to release downloadable content. And if you could get this game running on iPhone? Caching!

I am completely floored by this game. I can't believe you guys aren't professionals. Digipen's program must be absolutely tremendous. All of you have blinding-bright futures in game development.
Jojo212

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby BraveDude8 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 am

Jojo212 wrote:Why isn't this on XBox Live?? You guys could probably pay for your own tuition! Especially if you continued to release downloadable content. And if you could get this game running on iPhone? Caching!

I am completely floored by this game. I can't believe you guys aren't professionals. Digipen's program must be absolutely tremendous. All of you have blinding-bright futures in game development.

Because Microsoft dont like free games. And they take 6 months to update indie titles. And WE ARE PC GAMERZ
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Postby Jojo212 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 am

Jojo212

Postby BraveDude8 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Jojo212 wrote:http://www.marketwatch.com/story/indiepub-now-accepting-entries-for-the-independent-propeller-awards-video-game-development-competition-2011-11-16?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Easy win for you guys. Just sayin'.

Good idea, but I am not sure if they CAN, because they are students.
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Postby electronerd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:35 am

Per the DigiPen enrollment agreement, DigiPen owns all rights, title and interest in all works submitted to the school for credit. There are both pros and cons to this arrangement, one obvious con being that those students can't directly derive economic benefit from their student games (aside from possible competition prizes). One less obvious benefit is that it removes the allocation of received monies among team members as a potential point of conflict within the team (this has apparently been an issue in the past)
electronerd

Postby BraveDude8 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:28 am

electronerd wrote:Per the DigiPen enrollment agreement, DigiPen owns all rights, title and interest in all works submitted to the school for credit. There are both pros and cons to this arrangement, one obvious con being that those students can't directly derive economic benefit from their student games (aside from possible competition prizes). One less obvious benefit is that it removes the allocation of received monies among team members as a potential point of conflict within the team (this has apparently been an issue in the past)

Thanks electro. So going by this, because this is a competition, they COULD get the money?
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Postby electronerd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:44 am

DigiPen has a list of competitions that it participates in. AFAIK, Nitronic Rush has been and/or will be submitted to several of them. If the game wins a prize, the team does get it.
electronerd

Postby BraveDude8 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:00 am

electronerd wrote:DigiPen has a list of competitions that it participates in. AFAIK, Nitronic Rush has been and/or will be submitted to several of them. If the game wins a prize, the team does get it.

Good. Very, very good
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Return to General Discussion