Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything and everything related to Nitronic Rush.

Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Torcht » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Here are some frequently asked questions about Nitronic Rush:

---

Is this game coming to Steam, XBLA, Mac, Linux, etc.?

We currently don't have any plans for release on other platforms besides Windows PC, but it's definitely possible down the road. The best thing you can do is stay up to date on our Facebook, Twitter, and main website. If anything is announced will post it there and on our mailing list (sign up on the front page of the website).

Note that Team Nitronic isn't permitted to sell copies of Nitronic Rush. Discussion on this point is occurring in this thread.

Where is the soundtrack? When is it coming out?

It's available for direct download now! Go get it at the Nitronic Rush Original Soundtrack website!

How can I donate to Team Nitronic?

Since Nitronic Rush was created as a student project for DigiPen we can't accept any proceeds from the game. If something changes in the future where we can accept donations, make sure to subscribe to our email list (on the front page of the website) so that we can notify you down the road.

In the mean time, you can help us by checking out and supporting these awesome indie games made by our friends:

My anti-virus security says that the installer contains a virus, what do I need to do?

It appears that Norton isn't aware of Nitronic Rush as a safe program to download, so please help us verify the game by submitting it here: https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/. While it is being validated, to run the installer you'll either need to restore your download from quarantine or download the installer with Norton turned off temporarily.

The download for the game is taking forever. What's the fastest way to download the game?

Our servers have been taking a beating since we released the game, so we've been adding more mirrors to help as much as possible. The fastest way currently is to download via torrent, which is listed on the download page: http://nitronic-rush.com/download-game.

Are the controls customize-able? How do I customize my controls?

If you don't mind editing a little Lua script file, you can change the controls however you like.
Here's steps for doing so:
  • Go to the game's installed directory (defaults to something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Digipen\Nitronic Rush\ ).
  • Then in the LuaScripts directory, you'll find ControlScheme_TriggerPedals_RollStick.lua . This script represents the game's default controls (ie. not the "Advanced" setting).
  • Make a backup of this file by copying it somewhere.
  • Open the file in any text editor, and change certain entries. For example, on line #36, just below where it says "-- gas/brake", you can change it so W would be gas like so:
    - Original line: Input:BindAnalog("CarGas", KeyEnum.key_NOTAKEY, KeyEnum.key_UP)
    - Example line: Input:BindAnalog("CarGas", KeyEnum.key_NOTAKEY, KeyEnum.key_W)
  • Edit these however you wish, save the file, and launch Nitronic Rush.

I want to submit a bug. Where can I do so?

The most helpful thing for us is for you to go to our Support Forum and submit your bug. You can also email us directly with your problem at team@nitronic-rush.com.

I want to use an unofficially supported controller (such as Logitech controller, PS3 contoller, steering wheel, etc). How do I get it running?

Visit this thread here (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3) for help with unsupported controllers.

---

If you have any other questions, email us directly at: team@nitronic-rush.com. Since we're all full time students at DigiPen we can't guarantee immediate response but we'll do our best to get back in a timely manner.
Last edited by Torcht on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Added point about not being able to sell the game and link to split-off posts
Torcht

Leaderboard Initials: JLW

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Skrillecks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 am

This game is beautiful, I would love to see it on XBLA because I don't have a wired controller to use with my PC anyway. Also, it would be nice for you guys to get some form of compensation for a game that has been giving me more enjoyment then a lot of games that I have had to buy.
Skrillecks

Postby martheen » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:15 am

we can't accept any proceeds from the game
Well, I really hope something will change, perhaps DigiPen would allow a scholarship funding or something, but then, one day when you're making your own company, it's hard to beat "From the maker of Nitronic Rush" ^^
martheen

Postby razorbeamz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:48 pm

What inspired the music for Nitronic Rush? Am I right in thinking I hear some influence from Feed Me in there?
razorbeamz

Postby The_Quiggles » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Jordan will be able to clarify this much better than I, but I believe the story mode music was influenced partially by the Tron: Legacy soundtrack, but it takes more from Electro House than anything else. Again, Jordan could tell you more about what inspired him than I.

As for some the music I wrote (specifically some of the hardcore, Challenge, and Old level music), I really wanted to make music that touched on some of the musical themes presented with the story level music, but make it something almost completely different. In a way kind of like the Super Meat Boy dark world music. The exception would probably be the song in Desaturated Day, that was used as credits music at one point, which in turn is a remix of the very first piece of music made for Nitronic rush, which you can hear in the first old level. There are a couple of oddballs in there that I made early on when we were still trying to find the right sound, those just came from random ideas I can't really remember.
The_Quiggles

Postby verybored » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Please take my money. I beg you. This is too amazing for me to take for free.
verybored

Postby cmatt85 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 pm

This game is amazing, I can see why you chose to write an entire game (and physics) engine. any chance of multiplayer sometime in the future?
cmatt85

Postby Kyle » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Thank you so much to everyone! You guys are all amazing and really inspire us to continue to improve the game :)

To those of you who are dying to give us money, unfortunately we can't take any proceeds at the moment since we are all DigiPen students. I will say, however, that some day when we are not students anymore and we make something new, don't forget about us then ;)
Producer, Programmer | Nitronic Rush
Creative Director, Visuals | Solstice
Kyle

Postby Racer Xonclar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 am

Kyle wrote:Thank you so much to everyone! You guys are all amazing and really inspire us to continue to improve the game :)

To those of you who are dying to give us money, unfortunately we can't take any proceeds at the moment since we are all DigiPen students. I will say, however, that some day when we are not students anymore and we make something new, don't forget about us then ;)

I'm pretty sure no one is going to forget about this game or its makers for a loooong time :)
Racer Xonclar

Postby BraveDude8 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:07 am

Are you guys going to add multi-player at any point? I understand this isn't the kinda game where you would normally have multi-player, but look at Trackmania.

P.S Yes, I am desperate for multi-player, in case you couldn't tell :P
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Next

Return to General Discussion