Delayed arrow key response time

Get technical help, report issues, and help other Nitronic Rush players here.

Delayed arrow key response time

Postby JFK » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Everytime that i play this game, when i try to accelerate, turn, etc., there is a 1 second delay from the time that i press the button, to the time that the car actually does the manuver. Ill upload a video showing what i mean as well, but its made the game almost unplayable. :cry: So its like i press the right arrow key for example, then about a second later the car actually turns right, as opposed to pressing it and having no delay at all like in the gameplay videos.

Also i am playing on the least graphics intensive settings
JFK

Re: Delayed arrow key response time

Postby racercowan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

I too had this problem, though I found it only to exist on the tutorial levels of normal and hardcore as well as the first two normal levels and hardcore black. Any other levels work fine for me, with the occasional momentary delay.
racercowan

Postby Haligen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:06 pm

I would say that the game is still running slow even at the lowest graphics settings(on your system), or it's the keyboard that is being used. I know with keyboards like this V

the keys themselves are the delay. At least that is my experience with them. Though since you're saying that you see the issue in some levels and not in others I would bet it's because of the hardware intensity(how much it taxes your hardware) of the level.

Sadly it sounds like your system is barely able to run the game and I bet that is what is causing the issue.
Haligen

Postby racercowan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:52 am

Haligen wrote:Though since you're saying that you see the issue in some levels and not in others I would bet it's because of the hardware intensity(how much it taxes your hardware) of the level.

Sadly it sounds like your system is barely able to run the game and I bet that is what is causing the issue.

Erm... which is the graphics setting? I looked in options and cant find it. Unless you mean resolution. I've never fiddled with any games reolution before, so I don't know what it does.
Also, get it having the lag on levels like hardcore black, but the tutorial levels don't seem to have a whole lot going on in them.
racercowan

Postby Haligen » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 am

Is your resolution at 1920x1080? Or something close to that?

If so then it would be a good idea to lower the resolution for better performance.

Lower the resolution and see what happens. It's not some setting that's going to blow up your computer or anything xD

It just lowers the resolution of the game. (resolution is the size at which you are viewing the game and the amount of pixels that the graphics card has to deal with when rendering out the scene)

1920x1080 literally means you have 1920 pixels in each horizontal row on your monitor and 1080 pixels in each vertical column. That's roughly 2,073,600 pixels that the graphics card has to render out every frame D:

Lowering resolution in most games should give fairly large performance boosts. 2,073,600 pixels(1920x1080) compared to 786,432 pixels (1024x768). At 1024x768 the GPU is rendering less than half the pixels it would have to do for a 1920x1080 resolution.

more info on resolutions if you want to know more (just the wikipedia article on it)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution
Haligen

Postby racercowan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Not only did changing the resolution help with lag, it allowed me to see so much more that was previously being cut off by my 15.5" screen :D
Last edited by racercowan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racercowan

Postby Ciastex » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 am

Turn off V-Sync, it helps with steering. I was experiencing the same, until I turned it off.
You've successfully read this sentence.
Ciastex

Postby vujifyq » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 am

The objective of the man has been ensured for the candidates. The change of the https://www.aussiewritingreviews.com/edubirdie-review/ is done for the termed and its impact for the future times.
vujifyq

Leaderboard Initials: AAA

Return to Support and Bug Reports