Grounded

Get technical help, report issues, and help other Nitronic Rush players here.

Grounded

Postby Ripsaw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Description
The car's wheels become "sunk" into the ground on the map "neon skateway".

Steps to reproduce
  1. At the start turn left or right to approach a green and black "bump"
  2. Get some height using the wings above the bump, then free fall towards the bump
  3. Just before hitting the ground, hold down the front or rear booster.
  4. The cars's wheels stuck into the ground and had no control. In some extreme cases the car itself sunk.

Expected behavior: A nice clean landing to finish a combo or trick
Actual behavior: Temporarily stuck car :(

Additional information
It may take several attempts but will eventually happen. Bizarrely when this happens and you get stuck, there is no control and you slowly move onto the glass road where your wheels are back on the ground.
Could be to do with the bump object not being able to support a large force such as a car smashing down onto it. Haven't been able to test in on a 360 controller but I doubt that this is the cause.

Screen shot / video
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (161.51 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Ripsaw

Re: Grounded

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Sad day... yeah that is a bug due to the collision not being resolved fast enough with the bump and the car on landing. It is an issue with the level having those bumps between the glass pieces, I will probably just remove the bumps for the next update. The reason why I chose to put the bumps there in the first place was because without them, you may blow up the car if you use the jets while going between the glass pieces. It was a bit of a toss up with what would be the best situation. Thanks for posting this bug and it should be fixed in the next update!
Producer, Programmer | Nitronic Rush
Creative Director, Visuals | Solstice
Kyle

Postby TiagoTiago » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Blow up from colliding too fast? Could you add some sort of blowup handicapping to the objects/surfaces on the level that cause issues to let players hit them harder than they are allowed to in most other places?
(new reply notifications don't always reach my inbox, please let me know if you think it has happened)
TiagoTiago

Postby sejyd » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:43 am

Forum of the running element is done for the people. It has been enhanced for the use of the top essay services in the shadow of the cooperation for the participants.
sejyd

Leaderboard Initials: AAA

Postby Bailee » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 am

Pdfs are not made to be esited but blogs such as https://altosplitpdf.com/blog/how_to_split_pdf_into_separate_parts has made it possible for us to understand and manipulate pdf files in the manner we want to.
Bailee

Leaderboard Initials: aaa

Return to Support and Bug Reports