Getting into sim racing and looking for a good setup

Get technical help, report issues, and help other Nitronic Rush players here.

Getting into sim racing and looking for a good setup

Postby JoeClark » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:51 am

Hi all!

For many years I have loved playing racing games be it on console or PC with a controller but always dreamt of getting a proper wheel setup.

Here of course starts the basic question of what would you recommend as my first wheel? I'm don't want to get into something too crazy as it really is my first buy into a proper wheel...

I was looking at the Logitech G920 (xbox version) and Thrustmaster T300rs but both of them are rather old wheels already... will this be a problem? Like with games supporting the wheels etc?

My main attention is pointed at the T300 Alcantara edition as even when the base dies or gets completely outdated I will be left with quality pedals/rim and it's a nicely priced option but then again it is still expensive and the wheel base is pretty old that's why I consider the now much cheaper solution of the Logitech.. Unfortunately TS-PC/TS-XW racer are too expensive for me to just jump into..

Additional question about the wheels is if they would work when plugged to a USB-C/Thunderbolt port with a adapter? My main gaming rig is a laptop and powerful as it may be it has limited USB ports. It's not a big deal as there are enough but it would help :) Of course related to this is my preference of wheels that plug everything into the wheel base and use only one USB cable that goes into the PC.

The other question is about a wheel stand. I was looking at wheel stand pro/deluxe/v2 or whatnot and wanted to ask if it is stable enough for basically a casual sim racer? I am aiming for a pleasant but not very competitive experience as I got into VR couple months back and would mainly race using the headset. Probably my main games would be Dirt Rally, RBR and Project Cars 2 with occasional truck simulator for chill evenings ;P

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/26054 ... ood-setup/

infographic animation
JoeClark

Return to Support and Bug Reports