Car Recolor

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Car Recolor

Postby Fliptocat » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

This isn't much, but I haven't seen anything else of the sort so I figured I'd post it. I recolored the Interceptor so it's now white, with yellow lines on it.
Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?n97c1c9z188yr8z
And I also noticed when I was looking through the files that you've placed another car in there (Intimidator). When are you planning to implement it? Or I am just an idiot and can't figure out how it's unlocked?

EDIT: Ah, I forgot to say where to put the file. It belongs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Digipen\Nitronic Rush\Objects
If you're running a 32-bit OS then it'll just be program files without the (x86). And make sure to back up your current Car.xml unless you want it stuck like this.
Fliptocat

Re: Car Recolor

Postby BraveDude8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:40 am

The Intimidator? Can you post a pic of it?
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Postby The_Quiggles » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:34 am

The intimidator is the core drone, essentially. It plays exactly like the van but is unfinished on the animation / model front. Highly doubt it'll ever be finished.
The_Quiggles

Postby BraveDude8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:10 am

The_Quiggles wrote:The intimidator is the core drone, essentially. It plays exactly like the van but is unfinished on the animation / model front. Highly doubt it'll ever be finished.

I SO WANT to fly/drive a CORE drone :P

It would be like using a Stalker in HL:2
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Postby Skirmisher » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:58 am

Is the Intimidator actually playable in the released game? I've been trying to add it to the VehicleData.xml, but it just won't show up. I've tried changing the Avenger's object in VehicleData.xml to PlayerHumvee, adding a whole new Vehicle entry, and even gone as far as to rename the PlayerHumvee object to Van and then trying to drive the Avenger. But it seems no matter what I do, the Intimidator just won't show up/the Avenger model still shows up when I choose the Avenger to drive, which makes me think that something just isn't being loaded.
Skirmisher

Leaderboard Initials: SKR

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 am

About the Intimidator/core drone: am I the only one who gets reminded of Portal turrets by their sound?
Delacroix wrote:Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.
Mr. Mister

Postby The_Quiggles » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 am

The portal turrets were the inspiration behind the noises they make, yes.
The_Quiggles

Postby Monty » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:44 am

Does changing the "triangleedges" files alter the way that the vehicle segments load when starting the level?
Monty

Postby Vertifai » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:03 pm

The intimadator is awesome! i use it sa my praymairy vehicle...
just go into: -where evere its installed-\Digipen\Nitronic Rush\VehicleData
and edit the "VehicleData.xml" so under the the Avenger it will look like this:

<String name="object_file" >PlayerHumvee</String> <--- PlayerHumvee used to be Avengern
<String name="unlocked_img_file" >Avenger.png</String>
<String name="locked_img_file" >AvengerLocked.png</String>

The vehicle is rather glichy :( and of corse because im lasy, this will "remove" the Avenger (just make "Playerhumvee" into "Avenger" agine and it will be normal)
Vertifai

Postby maxi0614 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:01 pm

The link is dead :( I want this skin so badly! Can you (or somebody else that downloaded it) Please post a new download link, then I would be super happy, since there is almost no skins for the game :)

EDIT: Sorry for posting a year after last post, but i started playing this game a week ago and really want the skin :)
maxi0614

Leaderboard Initials: EME

Next

Return to Share with the Community