Editor Weirdness

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Re: Editor Weirdness

Postby fzeroman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 pm

THX for the help KYLE
the ctrl+f did find the volcano smoke and i removed it,
Must of missed it last night ;)

I'm actually gonna try to make this level
http://youtu.be/vljFK6OeCj0
considering nitronic rush is all kinds of homages from 90"s racing games.
TOTALLY TUBULAR!!!!
fzeroman

Leaderboard Initials: FZM

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Awesome man, looks really cool. Glad that I could help you out!

Just to help you out some more so I wanted to make sure that you knew that our level editor has a feature for road snapping. Basically it will automatically make the roads connect together perfectly so you don't have to move them manually til they are in a good position.

It works by selecting a road piece (it may be the first piece placed down from the icons folder) and pressing the "J" key on the keyboard. That will place an orange circle on one of the ends of the road. If you press "J" again it will move the orange circle to the other end of the road piece. This orange circle represents where the next road piece will be snapped to. Then if you select a different road piece, it may be another one dragged in from the icons folder and press the "K" key on the keyboard, it will snap that piece to the previous one. If you press "K" again, it will swap the side of the new road that it is snapping to. One thing you have to make sure you do is have the game window selected and highlighted before pressing these keys, that has gotten me a few times.

Hope this helps :D
Producer, Programmer | Nitronic Rush
Creative Director, Visuals | Solstice
Kyle

Postby fzeroman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm

thx for the help. snapping track pieces together is surely alot easier then moving them by xyz plane to try and line them up correctly
TOTALLY TUBULAR!!!!
fzeroman

Postby fzeroman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Is fog color and fog tweaks for Skybox Daytime not implemented?
I'm trying to increase the skyfar fog to 326.
fognear and fogfar to 0.

but everytime i save ,quit then open the game again the fog has been removed.

WHAT I WANT

WHAT I GET

looking at the .xml it looks like the string hasn't been added for fog.

Soo is the game not saving the fog changes or are is it not implemented?
TOTALLY TUBULAR!!!!
fzeroman

Postby Skirmisher » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:24 pm

I've actually had pretty much the same thing happen with the CoreForceField object (what makes you slow down around the pulsing orb thing at the end of End to a Violent Heart). I can mess with the force numbers to increase or decrease the slowness (or even make them negative to go faster!), but after saving, exiting, and loading again, the numbers have reset to their default values. Upon inspecting the XML, I found that the section that the numbers were supposed to be saved to was empty. I guess it wasn't necessary to implement it (or whatever happened here) considering it was only used for the final level and the level editor wasn't originally supposed to be a public thing, but still, the idea of surprising some random person thinking they're taking a shortcut by rocketing them insanely fast into the edge of a curve is freakin' hilarious. :3
Skirmisher

Leaderboard Initials: SKR

Postby Christipher » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 am

I'm running into the issue where I rotate, and it goes to blur and you can't do anything else in that map
Christipher

Leaderboard Initials: Chs

Postby mithanbaba » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:01 am

Unfortunately we've been a bit slow to post updates on here (since we assume most of you follow us on Twitter/Facebook), but In case you've missed our latest website update, we posted some teaser screenshots for Update #4 and highlighted some of the recent community levels!
Unfortunately we've been a bit slow to post updates on here (since we assume most of you follow us on Twitter/Facebook), but In case you've missed our latest website update, we posted some teaser screenshots for Update #4 and highlighted some of the recent community levels!
:P :x :lol:
mithanbaba

Leaderboard Initials: CLU

Postby robertborn » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:22 am

eliteessaywriters.com/review/customwritings-com proffers you an opportunity to work with a talented essay writer in the most ideal conditions.
robertborn

Previous

Return to Share with the Community