What are your favourite books? Why?

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

What are your favourite books? Why?

Postby JoeClark » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:02 am

Hey :~) I've always really loved reading and while I don't have the time to do it very often nowadays, I'm always adding to the list of things (it isn't always a book, sometimes it's a research paper or long winded article) I want to read. Anyway, I've been wondering! What are some of y'alls favourite books, and why? Like everything else, books you read are coloured by your own prsnl perception, right? I wanted to hear abt characters you related to because of your own experiences, or a setting that really intrigued you, language you really liked etc etc. Why did this/these books stay with you? In your opinion, wht makes for an organic character, and when do characters fall short? Wht are some books you want to read?

My favourite books!
Meatless days: Sara Suleri (the language in this bordered on pretentious, but she made it work imo! I liked it lmfao)
The Inheritance of loss: Kiran Desai
Anything by Anita Desai, I :heart:️:two_hearts: her.
Anything by Yiyun Li!
An Ordinary Person's Guide to Empire: Arundhati Roy
Woman, Culture, Politics: Angela Davis
Sister Outsider: Audre Lorde
How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia: Mohsin Hamid
The House on Mango Street: Sandra Cisneros (anything by Cisneros!)
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao: Junot Diaz (I like Diaz a lot. Yunior is a dickhole but his narrative is one I really enjoyed for most of the book!)
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Jonathan Safran Foer
Kitchen: Banana Yoshimoto (I read a lot of Yoshimoto, too! I own a lot of her books)
Asleep: Banana Yoshimoto
Mourning Diary: Roland Barthes (I love Barthes too)
Angeltits: Katie Longofono

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/what- ... -why/26509

software case study
JoeClark

Return to Share with the Community