Editor Hot-Key Sheet and Videos

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Re: Editor Hot-Key Sheet and Videos

Postby Kyle » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:04 pm

DrCrazy wrote:Omg Blender :D I am such a blender expert well not expert but pro i use blender to make my own games as well.http://www.wuala.com/dr.crazy/Documents/game%20folders/ note you will need Blender 2.5x or high to view these files

That is epic my friend, I'll have to let our team's Blender wizards (our graphics and physics programmers) know about this!
Producer, Programmer | Nitronic Rush
Creative Director, Visuals | Solstice
Kyle

Postby BraveDude8 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 am

Kyle wrote:
DrCrazy wrote:Omg Blender :D I am such a blender expert well not expert but pro i use blender to make my own games as well.http://www.wuala.com/dr.crazy/Documents/game%20folders/ note you will need Blender 2.5x or high to view these files

That is epic my friend, I'll have to let our team's Blender wizards (our graphics and physics programmers) know about this!

Are those weapon models/maps? Dont have Blender, cant tell...
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
BraveDude8

Postby chiigan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 am

Hi guys ! I'm a new user of this forum, and I'm french so sorry for my so bad english :x

I suscribe because I really love this game and i'm trying to create some levels but I have questions !!

first : My checkpoints are respawning me in the wrong way... How can I change that ? ( i try to press R + Z and make a 180° but this change nothing )

Secondly : Is it possible to use "J" + "K" with more than 1 object ? I mean for exemple with a large road piece ( maybe 5 objects ) selected with "B" ?

Then I can help people who get AZERTY keyboard for the hotkeys ! :)
"~" key is "ù" key so to start level editor hit "Maj" + "ù" and "Alt" + "ù" to enter editor mode
hmmm I think this is the major difference !

My first level is in working progress, but I hope hope that i would end soon ! :)

Chiigan
chiigan

Postby DigitalDuck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm

chiigan wrote:first : My checkpoints are respawning me in the wrong way... How can I change that ? ( i try to press R + Z and make a 180° but this change nothing )

Rotating it 180° works for me - you just need to reset the checkpoint and activate it again.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art | Puzzle design | Voice acting | Translation
DigitalDuck

Leaderboard Initials: QWK

Postby Haligen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Yeah, resetting the checkpoint is the only way to get it to work, sorry about that. I'll post a new topic about editor weirdnesses.

I don't think groups work with "J' and "K", sorry about that as well : (
Haligen

Postby chiigan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 am

Yeah thanks my checkpoint works well now :)
thanks again !!

Oh and sorry I make a mistake this is "Ctrl" + "ù" and not "Maj" + "ù" to open level editor :s my bad sorry
chiigan

Postby Haligen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 am

Just posting this so people who have not checked this thread in a while know about it. I updated the editor hot-key list. Some of it's functionality was vague and I decided to give a more in-depth idea of what some of the keys do. Feel free to let me know if something should change in the wording : )

Hopefully it will make more sense now because I'm guessing that many people are just having issues with figuring out how stuff works in the editor.
Haligen

Postby chiigan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 am

Haligen wrote:To get an idea of local and global axes, just rotate an object ~45 degrees(basically so it's not flat) along the X axis (R then tap X) and then hit G then tap Y and see what happens. Then hit G and double tap Y and see what happens. Different right?
Tap is global
Double Tap is local

OMG this is really interesting :o
Thanks Haligen for this thread who will help us a lot !!
chiigan

Postby Skirmisher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:09 pm

How am I supposed to get the "base" of the level (the circuit stuff and the small buildings and all that) to work properly when I insert a different one? It always ends up right at the destructive layer at the bottom (the level where the car dies) and not below it, and it only seems to cover so much area (after saving and loading at least), causing visual glitches beyond its radius.
Skirmisher

Leaderboard Initials: SKR

Postby Haligen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 am

Skirmisher wrote:How am I supposed to get the "base" of the level (the circuit stuff and the small buildings and all that) to work properly when I insert a different one? It always ends up right at the destructive layer at the bottom (the level where the car dies) and not below it, and it only seems to cover so much area (after saving and loading at least), causing visual glitches beyond its radius.

I haven't ran into the glitches problem after saving. Can you take a screenshot of the visual glitch? I know the buildings will never span the entire level. As for placing them you just grab one of the circuitry .png files and drag it over to the editor, then once you've dropped it in the editor you want to select the editor and then hit g + z to move it below -70(I think that's the kill plane). Once you've got the circuitry setup you do the same for the buildings as well.
Haligen

PreviousNext

Return to Share with the Community