Editor Hot-Key Sheet and Videos

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Re: Editor Hot-Key Sheet and Videos

Postby Skirmisher » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:53 am

Haligen wrote:
Skirmisher wrote:How am I supposed to get the "base" of the level (the circuit stuff and the small buildings and all that) to work properly when I insert a different one? It always ends up right at the destructive layer at the bottom (the level where the car dies) and not below it, and it only seems to cover so much area (after saving and loading at least), causing visual glitches beyond its radius.

I haven't ran into the glitches problem after saving. Can you take a screenshot of the visual glitch? I know the buildings will never span the entire level. As for placing them you just grab one of the circuitry .png files and drag it over to the editor, then once you've dropped it in the editor you want to select the editor and then hit g + z to move it below -70(I think that's the kill plane). Once you've got the circuitry setup you do the same for the buildings as well.

Oh, derp. Duh, G + Z would work. *facepalm*

The visual glitch was probably the product of my going into the level XML file and setting the Z position of the circuits to -200, which might have made it think it only covered so much area and left the rest baseless. Whenever that happens, the game doesn't know what to show there and will "stamp" whatever was last in that position there. Just load up any of the old test levels that got left in the game, and you'll see what I mean. :)
Skirmisher

Leaderboard Initials: SKR

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Ehhhhm I've got one question. I haven't learnt how to survive against the editor yet, but is there, in general terms, any way of selecting groups of entities and copying/moving them from one map to another? I just had that idea of creating some fusion some tracks. Like, all the hardcore tracks in a single map.
Delacroix wrote:Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 am

Could someone explain how do triggers work? My intention is to have an object enabled when the car is in certain zone, and disabled if it isn't; I'm not sure what to write in the Outcoming and Incoming trigger options. Also, is there any way to change the axis of the cylindertriggerzone? I can rotate the cube, yet the triggerzone stays with a z-axys height.
Mr. Mister

Postby Haligen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Ehhhhm I've got one question. I haven't learnt how to survive against the editor yet, but is there, in general terms, any way of selecting groups of entities and copying/moving them from one map to another? I just had that idea of creating some fusion some tracks. Like, all the hardcore tracks in a single map.

It used to be possible to load a level on top of another level in the editor, but I think that functionality has been removed. Moving objects between level files is pretty much impossible to do as far as I know, currently.

Mr. Mister wrote:Could someone explain how do triggers work? My intention is to have an object enabled when the car is in certain zone, and disabled if it isn't; I'm not sure what to write in the Outcoming and Incoming trigger options. Also, is there any way to change the axis of the cylindertriggerzone? I can rotate the cube, yet the triggerzone stays with a z-axys height.

The outgoing trigger message should be the same as your incoming trigger message. As long as you only want your trigger volume to activate and then send a message to the object that you want to be enabled.(I didn't know you could enable and disable objects in the editor...)

You'll probably need 2 trigger volumes. One for the car entering the area and one for the car leaving the area.

As for rotating the trigger volume I doubt rotating them was implemented fully as you've discovered. Sorry for the late response.
Haligen

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Ok, I see how it works now. So if trigger A gets triggered (say it's a finish trigger for instance), and it says "X" on its Outgoing Trigger box, then every trigger with "X" in they Ingoing Trigger box will get triggered, right? That's what I suspect from looking at Gladiator's triggers.
So, every trigger can get triggered and trirgger other triggers via Ingoing Trigger and Outgoing Trigger. THat's a function shared by all of them. Now, triggers divide into two other categories depending on what else they do: there are sensor-triggers, which can get triggered by another mean apart from Ingoing Trigger and are usually used to start chain reactions; and triggers-that-do-stuff-triggers-of-triggery, which can only get triggered via Ingoing Trigger, and do another specific function (achievement trigger, etc).
Correct?
I hoped that Ingoing and Outgoing trigger boxes were to contain commands, not just words, so say there was a command for enabling or disabling one object, call the annauncer, etc., instead of having to use each specific trigger type.
But I am not sad, since I now can fill my level with annauncer triggers.

Hasta la vista!
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Ok... my computer MAY or MAY NOT have overheated when I was almost finished (succesfully) attaching Deeper into the Void's road to City's Entrance's end.
So yeah. It is actually easier than it looks, just don't try to move too many objects at once.
Mr. Mister

Postby Skirmisher » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 am

What's the best way to get a streetlight flickering constantly and a lot? I'm pretty clueless as to what the numbers in the SimpleStreetLightFlickerLogic section mean, as I've messed with them and they don't seem to make a lot of difference.
Skirmisher

Postby Skirmisher » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:10 pm

In the next update, could someone make it so that GunHumvees (CORE drones) are static level objects (i.e. they reappear at their original position when you die)? It's kind of silly to have them available as a level object with all those configurable values when if they're destroyed, they're gone forever. If they become "part of the level" so to speak, it could make for epic(ally evil) new challenges in levels. :twisted:

(Or you could find a way to make drones from garages customizable, but making them static would still allow for things like roadblocks. :D)
Last edited by Skirmisher on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skirmisher

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:00 am

As far as I remember, they respawn themselves in stunt levels.
Mr. Mister

Postby Skirmisher » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:As far as I remember, they respawn themselves in stunt levels.

Those are different; the "garages" are simply things that spawn the "default" GunHumvees whenever you get in their range. However, there's a special GunHumvee object also in the "obstacles" folder that places an actual CORE drone when put into the level. This drone can be selected and customized like any other object, except when it dies (or you die), it's gone.
Skirmisher

PreviousNext

Return to Share with the Community