Editor Hot-Key Sheet and Videos

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Re: Editor Hot-Key Sheet and Videos

Postby Verttech4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I just started editing levels of my own and I am still planning to poke around it but once i quit and go to the main menu, my track is the focus. o.o how do I get the awesome default menu background?
Verttech4

Postby Haligen » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Sounds like you may have built your level in the background menu level.

The background menu level is the default level that is loaded if you do not supply a name of a level for the editor to load. You would basically have to re-download that level to get it back again : (
Haligen

Postby Verttech4 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 am

D'= NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! This makes me sad. :c very very sad. well I will have to re-download it when its not raining or thundering. well how do i edit separate tracks...and not mess with the default? o.o
Verttech4

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 am

Verttech4 wrote:Well how do i edit separate tracks...and not mess with the default? o.o

You change the file's name on the inferior box that appears when you press create; the one with the layer stuff.
Delacroix wrote:Yes, we know Mister, yours is always the biggest.
Mr. Mister

Postby Haligen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:
Verttech4 wrote:Well how do i edit separate tracks...and not mess with the default? o.o

You change the file's name on the inferior box that appears when you press create; the one with the layer stuff.

indeed.

There's a top box which handles accessing object properties, and level creation stuff, and then there's a box below it with world creation stuff (layers, saving, deleting, etc.) you'll want to save the level as something else to mess around with it. ( edit: didn't realize there was a work around for editing files without being an administrator. Follow eletronerd's link to safely save out level files)

Check out this to get a clearer picture: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16208311/Nitron ... Saving.png
Haligen

Postby electronerd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:39 am

Please don't run games as an administrator.

Here's an old post with instructions for making the levels folder writable on Windows Vista/7
electronerd

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 am

Two small questions: how to implement the constant cooldown other than building the level on top of Olimpian Iron Man, Rocket Slide, the Credits or Floating Free Zone; and how to implement a space-image modifier like the one on the "Core Demo" level (aka the one used in the campaign intro I suppose).
Mr. Mister

Postby electronerd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:16 am

For the constant cooldown, I think you just need to add a car_cooler object to the level

As for the effect... good luck.
core_demo contains an object with blueprint post_process_intro, which is a quad with the intro_redtoblue material, which references the intro_redtoblue effect.
As far as I can tell, the effect is initiated by code hard-coded into the executable.
electronerd

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:18 pm

electronerd wrote:As for the effect... good luck.
core_demo contains an object with blueprint post_process_intro, which is a quad with the intro_redtoblue material, which references the intro_redtoblue effect.
As far as I can tell, the effect is initiated by code hard-coded into the executable.

Challange accepted. I'll release my level this very night, with the power of copy-paste!
Mr. Mister

Postby Monty » Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm

I have an English keyboard and alt+~ doesn't work. I've enabled dev commands like the other thread said.
Monty

PreviousNext

Return to Share with the Community