External LevelGen (Work in progress)

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Re: External LevelGen (Work in progress)

Postby RavMahov » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:24 am

Added the rest of turn parts. I can now generate constant road. Soon, I will try to reveal my real goal, because for now it's useful only for fast 2D track laying, that you can modify later.
You might want to check my stuff: JSPKana (direct link), Quake2 WebGL thingy
RavMahov

Leaderboard Initials: RAV

Postby Ciastex » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

Mmmm... Sweet. And when you'll be adding hardcore-track elements, just please, don't do it like original generator does with intersecting pieces.
You've successfully read this sentence.
Ciastex

Postby RavMahov » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 am

Haha, thanks.
The thing about pieces is going to be hard though (test collisions of each tile? Without model/mesh specification?).
For now, my main concern is data generation. Since the amount of road parts is limited (not to mention 45 deg rotations minimum) it's really hard for me to grasp concept of polyline approximation algorithm. I mean, I'm trying to create/think about it by myself. From NR's perspective.

Laying continuous road is now simple, but data input from source is tricky problem. I'd tell you more, but maybe next time (unless you have already guessed what is this tool going to be ;))
RavMahov

Postby RavMahov » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 am

If anybody wants their trap/obstacle, you could make one in level editor (select road straight or some other part, put it at point (0,0,0), then create your trap, and save your xml somewhere, so that my script will be able to load it and randomly select from the database of traps). I didn't have much time to mess with editor, neither I'm good at creating maps. That's why I prefer procedural generation.
Keep in mind that track is still... 2D. And that it's busy time for me. While I'm not sitting at it, I'm often thinking about way to fix my problem, so that I'll be able to proceed with "laying buildings out". If you know what I mean :)
RavMahov

Postby crokobos » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 am

RavMahov wrote:People! I've fixed generation... but somebody tell me...

return new double[] { v1[0] - v2[0], v1[1] + v2[1], v1[2] + v2[2] }; // Is that a thing that made me waste my time? WHAT THA HELL?

Well, (x-p)+q

Nonetheless, back on the track. And if any of devs is reading this, I have to ask you to provide some info about part data. If possible :)

do you want to give the download please?
I know it is WIP but it sounds fun anyways
crokobos

Leaderboard Initials: RUN

Previous

Return to Share with the Community