Hardcore Level tips

Share gameplay videos, high scores, custom levels, etc. with the Nitronic Rush community!

Hardcore Level tips

Postby Haligen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Some helpful tips for the hardcore levels.

Mitigating gravity can be difficult. One of the best ways to take this challenge on is to rotate the car so that the underside of the car is pointing towards the sky. So if you're on a left-side road you rotate the car counter-clockwise, and if you're on a right-side road you rotate the car clockwise.

The reason this works so well is because there is a force being applied to the car when it is rotating.

doing tricks will keep your heat down and allow you to boost through the level which allows you to be faster. Going fast causes your car to grab on to other surfaces.

Switch to the advanced control scheme for the 360 controller will help as well.

Keep in mind that the bumpers on the 360 controller for the normal control scheme can be used for jumping and boosting so you don't have the delay between you hitting the 'x' button and rotating the car with the right joystick.

Jumping from one surface to rotate to another surface helps a lot as well if you are not doing that currently.
Haligen

Re: Hardcore Level tips

Postby somini » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah, I have to say that it's impossible to me to play the hardcore levels without the bumpers. It's like the 'advanced' basic controls. Should have made that clear that early in the game, I was used to the face buttons and took a while to accustom to the new control scheme.
somini

Return to Share with the Community