Turning while hovering rolls instead of turning

Get technical help, report issues, and help other Nitronic Rush players here.

Turning while hovering rolls instead of turning

Postby TiagoTiago » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:01 am

Go into a level with infinite booster to make things easier then start hovering (wings retracted nose straight up, booster firing), now press the turn left or right keys (or do it in the controller if you're using one). I expected the car to tilt to the side, the rotation remaining relative to the current orientation of the car; but instead it rolls as if i'm using the roll thrusters (obviously this is using the mode where the attitude thrusters are separated from the "steering wheel")
(new reply notifications don't always reach my inbox, please let me know if you think it has happened)
TiagoTiago

Re: Turning while hovering rolls instead of turning

Postby Haligen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:00 pm

We mainly wanted players to have a more granular control of the car when rotating rather than just having the extremely fast rotations that normally rotating the car would give. Given that most people don't utilize this ability it may be interesting to allow for the car to turn instead of rotate in the air while simply using the turn keys or the joystick on a controller.

I would have to talk to the team about this, to see if it's possible and it's important to mention that making this change will change gameplay to a certain extent as you don't have to necessarily plan where you're going while flying through the air(without wings). It might be weird to do camera-wise as well.

Basically, I don't think this will change, but I'll talk to the devs about it.
Haligen

Postby TiagoTiago » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Don't the car already go in all directions in all orientations when jumps go wrong (or skilfully right)? And don't people use hover as means of locomotion somtimes, in all directions? What exactly are you concerned about?
(new reply notifications don't always reach my inbox, please let me know if you think it has happened)
TiagoTiago

Postby Isaac Ridgeway » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 pm

A micro-management type of the solution is done for the success I life. The items have been shared with http://www.datpiff.com/profile/BruceKull offerings for the candidates or the use of the ultimately followed items of the people.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 pm.
Isaac Ridgeway

Return to Support and Bug Reports